The O.Z. Tyler Distillery in Owensboro, Kentucky has a storied past dating back to the late 1800s. The 25-acre distillery site last produced whiskey in 1993 as the Medley Distillery and then laid dormant until it was purchased by the Terressentia Corporation in 2014. See also: TerrePURE
Since 2009 this Sazerac location is used as a bottling plant, no distilling takes place there. It was originally the R. Monarch Distillery founded in 1849. In 1901 the company was acquired by James Thompson and his brother Francis P. Thompson for $30,000 and renamed the Glenmore Distillery Company.